CERTIFICATIONS: WELDING PER AWS D17.2
- Titanium component welded in a vacuum chamber.
- Gas Manual Arc Welding (GMAW) per AWS D17.1
- Tight tolerance CNC turning of aerospace components.
- Aluminum duct assembly Welded by NADCAP approved welders.
- Aluminum Precision Aerospace Tooling component
- Aerospace Precision Welding Repair
- Resistance spot welding of aircraft parts.
- GTAW (Gas Tungsten Arc Welding) per Mil-W-8611 of stainless steel fuel system components.
- Manual Gas Tungsten Arc Welding (GTAW) per Mil-STD-2219 Stainless Steel Class A.
- Helicopter control arm
- Bearing Installation Heater
- Assembly fixture using high-precision Wire EDM machined components.
- Test Rig built by Lynn Welding
- Wire EDM machining in aluminum medical component.
Approved Welding Per AWS D17.2
Sikorsky Approved Resistance Welding
Certified By: Sikorsky
Certification: AWS D17.2
Short Description: Specification For Resistance Welding For Aerospace Applications
Process Code: SS8685
Specification Title: SS8685
This specification provides the general resistance welding requirements for aerospace hardware. It includes, but is not limited to, resistance spot and resistance seam welding of aluminum, magnesium, iron, nickel, cobalt, and titanium-based alloys. There are requirements for machine and welding schedule qualification, production witness samples, and inspection and acceptance criteria for aerospace hardware.
Lynn Welding provides resistance welding services to many of its customers. Lynn Welding uses SCIAKY welders which are considered the best in the world for maintaining the strictest tolerances required by the aerospace industry. Our SCIAKY welders are capable of welding aluminum, Stainless steel, Titanium, Inconel and most other metals while maintaining the proper conditions to ensure a quality weld. Our resistance welding operations are closely monitored by our internal quality department which ensures that all of the resistance welding functions fall within the guidelines set forth by NADCAP( National Aerospace and Defense Contractors Accreditation Program) and AS 9100.